Monday, November 13, 2006

I guess that's life huh?

I guess now that I'm back to work, I should get back to some blogging. It's been a while, so I'll split this post up a bit.

* Everyone's been asking me how having a baby around is. It's fun for the most part. We're getting used to everything like feeding, changing diapers, sleeping, etc... And he's been pretty good, with the exception of being a little fussy every now and again (mostly when I have him...), but that's to be expected. So all in all, things are going well. Still no sex though...

* We've nicknamed Braeden the "Icebox". That's the noise he makes when he's crapping in his diaper. You will now refer to Braeden strictly as the "Icebox". Or "Mr. Icebox" if you're nasty.

* I haven't written about the elections, because I don't know what to think really. While basically nothing I voted for went my way, I can't say I was real excited about what I was voting for in the first place. Our government isn't going to do anything I care about regardless of who is in power, so I guess I can't say I care a whole lot either way. I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal and our government is just not set up to cater to people like me. They'll continue to take more of our money, spend more of our money and seek to run our lives from conception to death. I wonder what the job market in Holland is like...

* I lost again in fantasy football this week. The Gods have not been good to me this year.

* With Icebox around, I've only been able to play smidgens of poker lately. My guess is that will continue for the most part until he is self sufficient. When does that happen? 10 years old? 12? I guess it's probably a good thing, because I have a tendency to become extremely addicted to things I find I like, and it's not good to neglect family, and real life and things like that to play poker. But it's hard to find something you really like to do, and then not be able to do it very much. I guess that's life huh?

* I'm so looking forward to Christmas this year. It's always a fun time of year, spending time with family and the like, but it seems like it will be so much funner (I love that word) with a baby, or kid, or what have you. See, I do have a softer side to me... I love babies, I admit, all their cuteness and cuddlie... uh... ness.... The best part about this year is, we don't have to buy Braeden anything. He won't know the difference, and I'm sure he will get plenty of the Spoil Squad Grandmothers...

* I wish my dad could have been there to see me become a dad. And likewise for the hot wife's dad. Sure, our mother's have gone on and remarried, but it's not the same. Yeah, I'll survive and all, but there is guidance from a father that you can't really get anywhere else. I know some people will say, well, he's up there watching over ya... Eh, it's a nice thought and all, but not being big on the whole heaven thing, I think I'm pretty much alone on this one. What can ya do...

* It's a pain in the ass to lose weight when people keep bringing food when they visit. Who the hell started this tradition? People, when you visit new parents, bring some cleaning supplies or something. Diapers maybe. Or just money. They don't want your damn lasagna. It's good and all, and it is nice to not have to cook, but if I keep eating like this, no amount of running will save me...

* Alright, that's enough for one day. Bye.

Nick

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home