Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm just making sure you know...

* I stayed home sick yesterday. It was great to have a day to myself. But here's a little tip, should you decide to follow my lead. Don't go back to work. Ever. Because everything you've worked on for the last two years will be fucked up, in one day.

* That's the first time I've written out fucked. We are ending the censorship, starting with this post.

* Do you ever have one of those days that starts out really bad, like, say, everything you've worked on for two years is crashing on you. And you were out yesterday, so it just piled up for you? But then as the day goes on, you start to put out the fires, and it gets a little better? Me neither. Just kidding, it's getting better, slowly.

* Well, I was in my first poker tournament with real people this past weekend. I took fifth out of 30 people. I made the final table though, which is better than I could have hoped for, and considering the crappy ass cards I got all night, was pretty damn good, I think. Put it this way, if it was a tournament to see how many king/3s you could have dealt to you, I wouldn't have been able to see over my chip stack. Put it another way, I went out with 8/9 suited. That was probably my fourth best hand all night, and I still beat 24 other people.

Another good thing about that, I went with two buddies. We all made the final table, and one of my buddies won. Over $500. Not bad for a $25 buy-in. So first, fifth and sixth went to us. Not bad for a couple of city schmucks with a combined about five tournaments under our belt.

* I also gained entry into a tournament online with a $100,000 prize. I'm just making sure you know, because I've been known to not tell people about this... Actually, apparently the other day I was so excited, I told the hot wife about it on several different occasions.

* I also once had Hulk Hogan's autograph, but I lost it. I'm just making sure you know.

* I've always been pretty adamant about not getting a flu shot. I've never had one. But now I guess with a baby, it probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. I wouldn't say that I'm disappointed this kid is causing me to neglect my core values... let's just say it's not going unnoticed. By the way, you won't be my friend by emailing me and telling me what a moron I am for even considering not getting a flu shot. So think about it.

* I had something else, but I got side tracked and now lunch is over.

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home