Friday, April 27, 2007

Fuck you Friday was yesterday...

When it comes down to it, the hot wife and I are pretty pathetic. Even after 10 years together, we have never mastered the art of fighting or arguing with each other. I've always kind of admired the couples that can sustain hours of yelling and throwing shit at each other, and then they're pissed off at each other for weeks on end. High school couples often put us to shame when arguing.

Every one of our arguments over 10 years has started exactly the same way. Normally a couple with great communication, we've just never been good at coming forward with things that bother us. So one person basically walks into a booby trap, completely oblivious. And then it begins...

What's wrong?
Nothing...


Every time. As if the other person is stupid or something. Finally after much prying, we tell the other one what is bothering us. Then come rebuttals and counter-rebuttals and so on and so forth. And then... silence.

The silence portion of the argument is typically my doing. I just suck ass at confrontational conversing so I clam up. I'm a big believer in the fifth amendment. And I'm pretty sure this drives the hot wife absolutely crazy, but it's just how I deal with things. Or, not deal with things... I need time to let things soak in and develop a plan of action before I'm able to talk about it again. And this can last anywhere from 10 minutes to a day or so. I think one time I lasted a couple of days, but that was a pretty serious offense. If it goes too long, the hot wife knows that she can always revert to crying. Crying is like kryptonite to me, so she'll drop a few tears and I crumble like an old Vegas hotel... There is something written deep in my genetic code that will not allow for me to be upset with someone who is crying. I'm weak.

Then we'll talk again, clear the air and vow to the love god to be better people.

And that's pretty much it. Pathetic, isn't it?

Oh, wait, and then we have make-up sex... And when I say we have make-up sex, I really mean we... wait, uh, nevermind. Forgot which blog I was writing on there for a second...

BTW - I actually was in a band once. A prize to the first person who can name it... No, dear hot wife, you can't play...

BTW - We didn't get drunk and take showers together. But I have kissed the bass player. Wait a second... and then he dated my sister-in-law... I just threw up in my mouth.

BTW - The dog is real, and wasn't a metaphor. Please pray for her, because if anything happens to her, whole cities will burn to the ground...

Nick

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home