Monday, April 16, 2007

Product of the week

In my opinion, the best ideas are those in which you see, and then smack yourself in the head for not thinking of first. The Gorillapod is one of those ideas.

When I was a janitor at a magazine printing company, I used to collect these flexible air hoses that were very similar to the ones they use for this Gorillapod. You could snap them together and customize them to take just about any shape you wanted. I never knew what to do with them though. Maybe if I didn't do so many drugs as a kid, I could have actually come up with an idea like this. Come to think of it, if I didn't do so many drugs as a kid, I probably could have come up with a lot of good ideas. Oh well.

I haven't picked one of these things up yet, so I can't comment on it's function, but the idea is a good one I think. I don't know if I would use it a lot, but I could see using it on a hiking trail or something when you can't find a flat surface to set your camera and you want to snap a timed shot of you and your significant other looking like a bunch of yuppies from the city pretending to be outdoor enthusiasts. Our favorite shot of course, but it's always of one of us or the other because we don't feel like dragging our tripod out when we're hiking around.

I'm thinking of some other more adult-oriented uses for this (with a camera, you sickos), but we'll save that for another post on another blog.

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home