Wednesday, April 11, 2007

We're just... a minor threat...

Long before there were Fugazi and Bad Religion, there was today's artist of the week. Started in the early 80s by lead singer Ian MacKaye, Minor Threat was one of my favorite punk bands growing up. Unfortunately they didn't come out with a lot of music, but what they did come out with rocked. It was fast. And it had a message. Even though I haven't agreed with the message since the 7th grade, it was a respectable one. Minor Threat pioneered the straightedge movement and paved the way for a bunch of angry kids who drew x's on their hands and supposedly used their heads for all the right reasons. Like I said, I never bought into the message, but I love the music.

And so does Braeden...



p.s. - some Minor Threat over in the box for your listening pleasure...

p.s.s. - yes, I know, subjecting my child to punk music is child abuse. But, I figure if we're going to abuse him in one way, we might as well go the whole nine yards...

Nick

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home