Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I remember... Monday...

* I'm not sure you all can appreciate how scary it is to go to the bathroom and see something red hanging from your junk. I wonder how much of your life is taken away from you every time your heart skips a beat... No worries though. It was just a piece of string that must have latched on from my man panties. God I hate when underwear are called man panties...

* No poker tournaments this weekend, but I did manage to get released to play H.O.R.S.E. Saturday night. Left up about $40 again. Big money!

* Along the lines of ya'll not appreciating things... I don't think ya'll appreciate just how awesome the hot wife is. We're sitting at home Friday night, and her boss calls. I wish she still blogged so she could tell this story. But she doesn't, so the task falls to me. Anyways, her boss calls. Now, keep in mind that she just started this new job like a month ago. Well, her boss tells her that she is doing such a great job, that he wants to talk to her this week about a raise! And he wanted to tell her Friday night so she could have a better weekend!

* I realized Friday night that I'm one step closer to retiring and becoming a stay at home dad. Yay. Me.

* I'm not so sure I like my horoscope today:

The stakes are getting higher in your life, which is not only exciting but also a good sign that you're getting closer to the success you want. However, you have a little bit more to lose right now. Therefore, you should keep an eye out for people who might not have your best interests at heart. Someone could be devising a scheme to put you at a disadvantage. Someone might be saying things about you that aren't true. Sunshine is a great disinfectant, so get any suspicions out into the open.

* And now, a question. I've been following a discussion on another site. Our local newspaper reported on a sexual assault of a child. Gee, haven't heard of that one lately huh? Anyways, they withheld the name of the "accused" to prevent the victim from being identified. Quite the dilemma. Obviously there are two sides of the issue, and I'm just not sure what side I'm on. Not taking into account that false accusations do occur, but assuming the accused is guilty of the crime. Is it more important to report the facts of the crime, or to protect the identity of the poor kid. I think as a citizen I would say it's more important to protect society from this creep, and if we don't know who it is, how can we be protected from them? But then I put myself in the shoes of the parents of this kid. Would I want my child's identity revealed in that situation? I can't say that I would be too happy if it was. What side are you on?

* I don't know how parents of kids who are victims of sex crimes hold it together. I know for a fact I would lose it and I wouldn't rest until that person was dead. Not in jail... but dead. I don't get how as a society we can not only be against the death penalty for these creeps, but we're so soft on them. You molest or rape a child and you sit three or five years in jail and then you're out? That's seriously fucked up.

* Eh, we should end on a lighter note, shouldn't we. Hey, it's Tuesday already! That doesn't really help, does it? Me neither. Oh well.

Nick

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home