Saturday, December 10, 2005

When I was your age...

Amy has a nice little post about her son's 14th birthday. I feel like I'm just piggy-backing off of everyone else's posts lately... Anyways, he gets to go out for pizza and then off to the movies. That's awesome. You know you have a great kid, and did some good work, if he's satisfied with that at 14.

When I was 14, things were different. Not that my parents were bad parents... let's just say I was sneaky. And bad. Here are some things I did when I was 14, just to make all you parents shit your pants...

- I shaved my head, except for my bangs. It was somewhere between a girl's skinhead, and a retarded skateboarder's cut. It was nasty, but it was low maintenance.

- I was a punk. I listened to bands like Wasted Youth, the Exploited, Chaos UK, Circle Jerks, etc. A wide range of anti-establishment music that you probably don't want your kids listening to...

- I did acid for the first time. And second time. And a whole bunch of times after that. My first time was the night of our freshman dance, 9th grade. 9th grade... good lord, I was the poster child for kids you don't want your kid to hang out with.

- I tried crack. Behind my friend's garage one day, a friend pulled out some rocks. I have no idea where they got this crap. No one would do it, so I offered. Put it in a pot pipe, lit it up, and CRACK! It popped right in my face. Hence the name crack I guess... I don't think you're supposed to smoke it in pot pipes...

- I smoked pot. A lot. I started smoking pot in 8th grade. My friends were dealers. sigh... "I just don't know where he wrong..." I'm sorry Mom.

- I got pulled out of gym class because they received information from the high school that I had a gun. I didn't. My friend did. He got drunk before school, had a gun and was going to shoot his Art teacher. He shot up the back of the school instead. This was years before Columbine.

- My friend jumped a kid right in front of the principal's office one morning. Right in front of his girlfriend. He was telling people we stole a shotgun out of a police car. He shit his pants and had to go home. Poor kid...

- We used to smoke under the bridge before school. Pot, cigarettes... whatever. It's amazing I still remember some of the 8th grade Spanish I took.

- I skipped my first class in 9th grade. My 3 friends got caught. I got away with it. I had good friends in high places...

Ummm, parents, just be glad your kids didn't hang out with me when I was 14. Know who they hang out with and what they're doing. If they bring anyone around like me... kill them.

peace nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home