Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's Sex Ed! The name is Sex Ed!

I'm a little disappointed at our teachers, especially the women writing the sexual education curriculum in this country. You're putting parents in a very bad position!

Last night our nephews were over, one is in 5th grade and he was telling us what he learned in school. More specifically, what he learned in Human... Growth.... Development.... Education.... BLAH! What is that?

Look, I'm sorry that the religious right has given the word SEX such a negative connotation, but let's call it what it is. Sexual Education. Have some balls! (pun intended)

Sex.... ohhhhhh.... ahhhhh....

Sex..... Yeah, I'm sure 5th graders have never heard the word sex before.

Sex......

Do you want to know what he learned in this Human Growth crap class??? About wet dreams... Wet dreams...

Wet dreams...

Wet dreams? For God's sakes, are we still in the f-ing 40s? Wet dreams? Who the hell has wet dreams? Do any of you have wet dreams? I don't have wet dreams.

Why don't I have wet dreams? Everyone should have wet dreams, that's what they teach you in Human Growth Development, duh! Well, you morons, I don't have wet dreams because I MASTURBATE!!!!!

Yeah, I said it. MASTURBATE MASTURBATE MASTURBATE!!!!!!!

Women... guys don't have wet dreams because we've learned over the years how to perform maintenance on our stuff. It's not hard, well, sometimes it is... But it's definately not the sin we've all been told it was. We know it doesn't kill any kittens or make your palms hairy...

Don't teachers ever look at a curriculum and say "hey, this is bullshit"? They should. Wet dreams are bullshit. Stop teaching our kids about them!!!

Why the hell am I writing about wet dreams at 5 in the morning.... I haven't even said wet dream out loud since I was like 8....

peace nick

12 Comments:

Blogger Mike Stewart said...

Oh I don't think it's so bad to teach kids about wet dreams. I mean some of them will have them and it would be good to no they are normal. Of course they also should tell them that masturbation is also normal, healthy and fun...and maybe even give them instructions on how to do it (I can hear Rush and the religious right howling now!) I'm with you...I've never had a wet dream in my fucking life! I started jerking off pre-puberty and never stopped. The only time I wondered about it was in my first 4 weeks of Army Basic Training where I didn't have a chance to perform my favorite sport (no privacy in the barracks!). I thought I should have had one there but I didn't.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Well, technically I think wet dreams is as far into it as they can go. Cuz these kids do tell their parents everything they learn in that class as soon as they get home. And you know all the uber-conservative parents (mine are a perfect example) would have thrown a major hissy fit if they even said masturbation.
As a girl, in 5th grade, all I remember is they told us about periods, gave us a couple pads in some take-home-kit, and told us about the machines in the bathroom (and how if you were having an emergency, your teacher or the recess people would have change for you...)
My mom's a weirdo, and made all of us watch some Sex Ed video back in the day, I think my little brother got to hear all about it when he was 7 or 8. So I learned more from that then anything they told us in school.
And now this has gone on waaay to long, so adios.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

It DOESN'T kill kittens?

All this time I thought I was just helping the pet population like Bob Barker.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yup.. never had wet dream here either.. And let me tell you, I've been looking forward to one for quite some time!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

horny old guy - more than we really wanted to know bud.

kay - agreed on the conservative parents, but then since when do the liberal teachers care about them? :)

lulu - only if you happen to roll over on top of one in the middle... which happens... it's like when we kill civilians in war. i'm drawing a blank, what are they called?

lingo slinger - i don't have a problem with carpel tunnel, but then, it only takes guys like 5 seconds. women... that's a different story...

trace - why? you know what happens when that stuff dries on you, right? it's like fricken contact cement, and can easily take skin off!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick, I think the term you're looking for is "casualty of war" - wrong place at the wrong time. Of course, some people I know would wipe out the kitten FIRST, then go masturbate, but then again I know some sickos.

With that said, I agree with you - teach the kids the TRUTH. Don't rename it to some generic sounding crap just because you're afraid of offending someone. Everyone masturbates for hell's sake. It's NORMAL. NORMAL NORMAL NORMAL!!

My parents bought me every kind of sex ed book they could find when I was about 9 years old. I knew more about the construction of a vagina than most gynos back then. This really made sex ed boring for me - when my friends were all snickering and laughing at "penis", "testicle" and "vagina", I was in the back falling asleep because it was boring at that point.

Anyway - screw 'em all, call it sex ed!!!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Nope, casualty of war is not it...

4:43 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

COLLATERAL DAMAGE! I knew it would come to me...

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a reason why masturbating doesn't cause hair on the palms.

It's because the constant rubbing wears the hair away.

True Story.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I think you thinking about me and wet dreams is unacceptable...

Your banished from the land!!!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

semantics are fun, but orgasms are funner, especially when unconscious or semi-conscious and the fantasies are so real... and even better when someone it there to share it (the heck with sleep-walking, give me someone who can share sleep-sex :)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I don't understand a damn word you just said...

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home