Thursday, August 11, 2005

Men don't know what commitment phobia is...

I was recently asked about commitment phobia. Are most men afraid to commit to a relationship? I love it when women ask such silly questions, because it's apparent they are under the assumption that most men even know what the heck something like that means. Or care for that matter.

It's painfully clear to me that women in general just overanalyze everything. It's not necessary. Most men, not all, but most can be reduced to what I call the three S's.

Sex, Sports and Spirits. No, not ghosts you fools...

It takes one of those things, although, the more the merrier, to make the average man happy. Don't ask me why, it's just part of the genetic code of the modern day man. It's like wondering why women have to get their hair wet in the morning, and then get it dry, and then put a bunch of shit in it to get it wet again and then all the f-ing makeup and god knows what else goes into the daily routine of the modern day woman...

Guys don't sit around wondering about that shit. It's just life, you deal with it, and all the f-ing hair in the drain that goes with it, and you move on.

BTW - a great invention would be a chemical that makes women's hair stay on their damn heads! Maybe some glue mixed with hairspray? I dunno, but someone better figure it out. Quick.

Where was I going with this... Oh yeah, the commitment phobia...

I met Amy when I was 17. Shortly after, we got together and have been so ever since. We have a spat here and there, but for the most part, we get along great. Why? Because, the sex is great and often, we drink a lot (which has a big influence on the great and often sex) and Amy understands that I enjoy sports, and she doesn't inhibit my watching and participating in them. Quite the contrary.

Now, I know what you are thinking. "oh great, all I get is drunken sex with football on the television." Not necessarily, but the three S's are the base of the relationship. Consider it the foundation crap you women put on before all the other makeup crap. If you put the makeup crap on without the foundation crap, it looks like shit.

So, by the same logic, if you embrace the three S's as the foundation of your relationship, there will be no problems with commitment. You will find your men actually willing to do the crap that you women like to do (shopping, watching cheesy movies, etc...). But like the labor unions, men don't work for free. Don't expect us to be willing participants in the crap you want to do if we don't get a healty dose of the crap we want to do, the three S's.

And here you women have been listening to Oprah all these years, expecting her to solve this age old problem. Oprah ain't got shit on me people...

peace nick

9 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

GOod work. You are like the modern day relationship hero. I'll try out your theory.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

What is amazing to me is that more women don't know this already. Maybe its because I am gay and therefore more 'manly' but I have known this about men for years.
However, you did miss one important fact, hey but I know you were going to the S effect, but what about your stomach, you know food.
Feed a man, give him beer, a remote and sex when the sports are over, and he will have no reason to stray.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Re: Dr. Laura - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Schlessinger

12:51 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Dr. Laura is a moron. According to her I shouldn't be married, I'm immoral because I lived with my wife prior to marriage, and my wife is an unpaid horror for the same reason. Ok lady...

As far as food... I dont really agree that applies these days. Maybe to men older than 40. But the younger generation would probably rather have Taco Bell at 3 in the morning than have a wife cook.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This certainly explains why i ended up wiht someone who i slept with on our second date and spent most of our first 3 months of courting watching baseball or basketball at bars with. Luckily these are all things i require for compatibility as well.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Is that because food is no longer important, or because most of the younger women have no idea how to cook?
I amazes me the number of women/men who think Hamburger Helper is a meal!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Just because everyone is too damn lazy. Why spend 2 hours cooking, eating and cleaning up when I can spend 10 minutes in the McDonalds drive thru?

We cook a lot in the winter, but in the summer, the only thing in my fridge is beer, water and cheese :)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hamburger helper is a meal- it's a hangover meal and for that it is KING.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I consider the younger generation to be those born around and before 1980. That seems to be the fast food generation.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home