Thursday, July 28, 2005

My wife is up for grabs...

There is a reason that I love going to the bar. No, not to stare at the bartender who just can't find it in herself to pull her skirt down so you CAN'T see the bottom of her ass... No, not to drunkenly debate animal rights with the whacko veghead lady who gives you the evil eye the whole time you are eating... I love steak bitch, deal with it.

Because you learn soooooo much there. A little backround on me... I am boring, apparently. And a square. And old fashioned. I might as well just be old...

Last night Amy and I went to the bar to get some dinner and a few beers, and met a couple of friends down there.

I'm sitting there watching my friend drool over the bartender I mentioned above, and he is begging me to hook him up with her. I proceed to tell him that for one, she is dumb, and two, she has a bf.

He says, "it doesn't matter, even married women are fair game these days..."

Really... I, uh, wasn't awar... AMY! GET OVER HERE!

They never told me this when we went to those stupid marriage classes. None of my other married friends ever told me this. Nothing from the parents.... I feel as though I have been misled about the war, er, I mean marriage...

I wonder though, where this leaves married men. Are we also not fair game? I look over at the other bartender, a married man... sure enough, he cheats on his wife, and everyone knows it. Is there a time frame I have to wait before "being fair game"? It's going on 3 years in September... have I waited long enough?

So many questions about this new bit of info... 'spose I will have to head back the bar to do more research...

Man I love the bar...

peace nick

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

It would seem that everyone, everywhere is up for grabs. Only about 1 in 50 believe that marriage vows are something to actually follow, hence the very high divorce rate in this country.
Just remember, when you start cating around, so will she, and there is nothing you can do about it.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Sparkling said...

I want to go to that bar too!

3:22 PM  
Blogger True Jersey Girl said...

No one told me about this either! No fair!!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

"I want to go to that bar too!"

LOL, to try to pick up me or my wife???

I read somewhere that the closer you are to 30 when you get married, the better the chances of it lasting are.

We were 22, and at that point had been together 5 years :) I love being an exception :)

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home