Tuesday, August 09, 2005

How I got to loving Amy - Take 2

In the latter part of 2003 Amy started a new job. A local mob boss was in the early stages of opening two new businesses, a craft mall and a bar, and needed an accountant/book-keeper person. Amy was the girl for the job.

The rest of the year, and the early part of 2004 was a trying time. She worked a lot, and I sat around the house with the dogs drinking a lot. But not smoking. I quit smoking cigarettes in March of 2002, after 9 years. So did, I thought, Amy.

Now this is 2004 mind you, must have been about May or June. I never saw Amy smoke, never smelled it, never suspected anything. Friends and family were sworn to secrecy. Bastards.

So we are at this party for her work, where the mob boss brings all the loan people out to kiss their asses. We're at the bar. The tyme machine is broke, so I go home to grab the checkbook. I grab her purse and out pops a bunch of cigarettes.... The guilt for these cigarettes was too much. It was time to give themselves in.

When I got back to the bar, I hinted to Amy that I knew, and then played it cool so she could wonder all night what I was thinking. I'm mysterious like that... it drives women wild...

But when we got home, all bets were off and we entered at least a good week of wonderful conversations and loving embraces. At one point we held a conversation something to the effect of:

Me: Why wouldn't you just tell me? It's not like I'm going to beat you. (blatant lie... I would beat her ass in a minute...)
Her: Because I didn't want you to be mad.

And so, reason number two, why I love Amy:

She is willing to risk life and limb to conceal her actions for years, as long as it keeps me from getting mad.

peace nick

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You love her because she fears you?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yes. I rule with an iron fist.

You want some?

12:48 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Men are snow flakes. We are never the same and should not be compared.

:)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home