Friday, August 12, 2005

F'd Up Friday - A controversy in and of itself

Well children, today is Friday, and that means it's time for F'd Up Friday. That's where members of the reading audience get to submit questions or comments, and we'll post and take care of them here.

To play along, the email address is junyer_mint@yahoo.com For every email received (non-spam), I will donate $1 to MidAmerica Rottweiler Rescue in honor of a rescue dog we used to have named Arri. When/if it hits $25, I'll send a donation and post the receipt. So far we're at $3... pathetic...

Today's email comes from Dawn. She writes:

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:32:42 -0600
From: "Dawn"
To: "Nick"
Subject: Another Question

Dear Nick -- is it Nicholas?
Anyway - so you've mentioned that you and your wife got married at a relatively young age and were together for a long time before that. My question is what were you thinking? NO, I'm kidding that isn't my question. But most men have some degree of commitment phobia and I'm wondering how your wife managed to catch you at such a young age and keep you for so long and presumably for the rest of your life? What are the 3 things you love most about her?

Dawn
***

Dawn, thanks for the email. It's Nick to ya'll, only my mom and wife get to call me Nicholaus (with a "u"). As you can see, I've spent the past week answering your question. Sure, I could have done it in one fell swoop, but what fun is that? And it has not been without controversy my dear Dawn... We have even been featured and discussed on other blogs. Unfortunately most of the discussion has been by people who have apparently spent no time reading the rest of my writing, so they don't realize I was mostly joking... Oh well, I don't mind being cannon fodder for the masses...

But yes, it is true. Amy and I met in high school ('97) at the tender age of 17. We met because I wanted to go out with her friend, and she wanted to go out with my friend. If that isn't fate, what is??? Well, we soon realized they were losers, and about the same time, realized how well we got along. We were both just sick of the same immature, high school relationships we were getting into. So, after high school we moved out together, five years later we were married, and the rest is history. This January we will be together for nine years. That's a long f-ing time peeps!

I think it was being such good friends first that has led to a successful relationship. She is my best friend, male or female. I trust her with my life, and there has never been an ounce of jealousy to speak of. I don't believe in soul mates, but if I did, she would be mine. That sounds cheesy, but it's just true.

Well kiddies, thanks for stopping by, and remember to get those emails in for next week.

peace nick

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

For the record, I did not recommend Dawn eat the dog poop...

Thanks, that was a good email to spend a week discussing. I've gotten quite a bit off my chest, but I'm a tad burnt out now.

I need some posts not dealing with women and love and all that mushy stuff...

1:24 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I have been meaning to email you but what with getting the gallery up and all, I know excuses, excuses.
So here is my non relationship question. What sports do you watch, who do you root for, and do you ever go to the games in person?

Oh and how about a good conservative/liberal debate? Haven't seen one of those in a while.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Hmmm... I will consider those topics. Im not all the excited about posting on politics these days. To be truthful, when I read political discussions on blogs, I barf, and then leave.

But who knows what the future holds...

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home