Monday, December 13, 2004

Is it warm in here?

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Very good... its a fireplace, with a fire. But more specifically, its my fireplace. And I built the fire tonight with some wood and some paper and some matches.

Now... why was it a good idea to have a fire tonight? Anyone?

No, not because Im planning a romantic night with that special person... well, maybe, but think more in the present...

No, not because I have that desire to kick back with the dogs, an organic beer and read a book next to the fire to unwind from what has been a fairly miserable day so far. Nope, not that.

Whats that? Because I dont have any heat in my house you ask? Bingo! Wouldnt ya know it... Im having this fire in my house because my furnace is currently not working... and I had to call a furnace fixing place to come to my house, after hours mind you, to fix my MY STUPID F-ING FURNACE!

This is my life people. If its not my car being stuck in park after work on a Friday afternoon, or, you know, the occasional cracked windshield... or two... if its not one of those things, its my house. Breaking.

Did I mention that the roof leaks as well?

Just so you know, the temperature outside, with the 17 mph wind is... oh, a balmy 5....

5. Degrees. Fahrenheit.

brrrr

nick

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just die. Freeze right in my tracks! 5? Is that legal?

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know about legality... but I'd sure like to have a chit chat with those global warming folks.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home