Thursday, December 02, 2004

Ready.... Set.... Ebay!

I think Im on the verge of a brand new addiction, because, you know, I do need another one.... I actually was sort of addicted to it at one time, but the fad has passed, in the midst of dropping another addiction, which was drinking lots of really weird beer. I still drink beer, but I limit myself to the best beer on earth.
Anyways, to the point. So a couple of days ago, as Im doing my internet Christmas shopping. Which by the way, if I could get off an another tangent, is sooooo much easier than actually leaving the house and shopping. Yeah, so, a couple of days ago as I was doing my internet Christmas shopping, I placed a bid on... yup, you guessed it, Ebay. It almost gives me the chills saying it. I bid on Ebay. Im an Ebay'r. Kind of like a blogger, but not that kewl.
So I placed my bid on a.... well, I cant tell you what it is, because its a Christmas present and I would give it away for a very special person... But I will tell you that the MSRP was like $225. I could have bought it right away for like $90, which I considered, because it looks worth it. Of course it is not exactly small, so there is like a $30 S/H fee... so it would have cost me....... lets see... 90 plus....... carry the 1...... like, 100 and some odd dollars.
So, for starters, I placed a max bid of like $15. And what is kewl is Ebay will bid the lowest amount needed, and then automatically bid up to your max amount, should any savage try to outbid you. May their poor souls ROT IN HELL.
Whew... anyways, so Ebay bids the minimum, 99 cents. 99 cents! Im thinking, hey, I could get this thing for like $30 when it would have cost me..... something like 100 and some odd dollars had I just bought the thing and not messed with the bidding at all.
Now all I need is for everyone else to leave my auction alone, and I'll get this awesome deal! But nooooooooo. Of all the things for sale on Ebay, some dumb skank decides she wants the exact same thing, and is bound and determined to jack up the price of my killer deal.

cardellagrl.... if we ever meet in the streets, its fist-a-cuffs bitch....

She bids $20. $20! You just increased the price of my deal twenty fold, in one fell swoop! DAMMIT!

So now Im thinking, I cant let this go on any further. The bidding has to stop NOW if I want to get at least part of my deal. So I quick goat think... I know, I will let her think Ive given up on the auction. If I dont outbid her, she wont outbid me back... you see the strategy thinking here? I impress myself sometimes.
So comes the end of the auction last night at 9pm. So far the plan has worked, and the bid remains at $20.

5 minutes left.... I make my move.....

$30 max bid. This is seriously the most Im going to pay for this. This is like 30 times my original price for crying out loud. If this happened in a store, Id a knocked the slut out.

"There's no way Im paying $30 for that bottle of soda bitch!" SLAP! PUNCH!

4 minutes left.... nothing.

3 minutes.... 2..... 1......

Wait.... is she trying to outbid me in the last minute? SHE IS!

$24..... 45 seconds..... Holy crap! Ebay outbids her... $25.

She strikes again with 30 seconds.... $26.

Ebay outbids her... $27.

She bids $28.

By now Im scrambling to change my max bid because there is no way Ive come this far to be outbid in the last minute of a 7 day auction. You savage bitch!

Finally with like 10 seconds Ebay outbid her with the final bid of $29. Victory! Im exhausted but not so much as to prevent wild celebrating.

I WON! I WON! Woman, if you EVER try to pull that crap again, I will track you down... and cruel and unusual punishment aint got nothin' on me....

peace, and happy Ebaying! Just stay away from MY auctions.....
nick

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha too funny. But maybe that biatch had ebay automatically bidding to her max of $28 in which case... ebay was bidding against ebay. but what the hell was she thinking even setting a max bid on your item of desire?
P.S. never tried that beer, but i think if you want to try a real beer you need to try kokanee.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually never bid until it's at the last minute. It's not worth it otherwise, bidding prematurely often ends up increasing the price. I bid about 20-30 seconds before the end of the auction with the maximum possible sum that I'm willing to pay. It's worked out every single time =)

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldnt outbid me, were I you... I know your IP address.....
Thanks for stopping by.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home