Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Im serious now

Ive always wondered how I would be able to be serious, when Ive spent so much of my energy here trying to be funny, sarcastic and witty. Will the people that come here, all 3 of ya, expecting to see the latest rant about my car or whatever, leave and not come back? Will it not make any sense? Like, maybe everyone will just assume its a joke, and be disappointed by the lack of a punch line.

I guess sometimes you have to take chances. Here's my chance.

I went to visit my dad today. For the first time in almost 6 months. It was hard for even me to grasp that. 6 months... There have been birthdays, even my own, and holidays like the 4th of July, Thanksgiving have come and gone... but I havent seen him. I havent talked to him. Well, I have talked, but he hasnt. Im not even sure he is listening. Maybe its not important.

6 months ago, everything was different. We would talk about work, and how he had finished his last major project, which was a bed set for him and my mom. He was right, even though no one believed him. How could someone give up something they were so good at?

Sometimes when everything changes, you just block certain things out, and the changes dont seem as drastic. You cant always forget about them, but you dont always think about them either. I guess like everyone else, I dont like change, and maybe thats why its been 6 months.

Im not real sure where my dad is, or what he's up to. Playing with a few of the dogs that have passed thru here, or making some crap out of wood, who knows. I just know that I would give anything to talk to him, even if just about work. Its been a long 6 months.

So yeah, thats about it. Sorry if you actually read thru all of that, it probably doesnt make much sense to anyone. Much lighter subjects to come in the future, promise.

nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home