Thursday, August 23, 2007

You thought Minnesota was sore when we left...

Well, you may have gathered from the post the other day that we were asked to go to Mexico with some friends. Well, we've decided that we're going to go. It took a little prodding for both of us. Mainly for two reasons.

First is, we don't like to fly. We've done it before, and we'll do it again, but if we can avoid it at all... we do.

Personally, were it up to me (it's actually not), I would be perfectly content with hopping in the car and driving down to Cancun. I've heard some parts of Mexico can get a little hairy though, so, probably not the best idea. Hell, we almost died in New Orleans, can you imagine us in the middle of Mexico? By the way, when I think of Mexico, I think of the same pungent piss smell that consumed New Orleans, even before the flood. It's something you just have to live with the rest of your life, once you've witnessed it.

The second reason we needed a little convincing by ourselves that we should go to Cancun, was, well... it's with other people. Another couple. I've tried, and I'm just not sure I can visualize how travelling with two other people is a benefit to anyone. It's one thing to try to convince one person that you would rather sit on the beach drinking Coronas all day rather than trek thru the Mexican jungle looking for things that are lost for a reason. If I have to convince three people, or even two, I might just need to switch to Tequila. And Tequila hates me...

But, when it was all said and done... we decided to say yes. Because who the hell in their right mind, says no, to this:



If I believed in heaven, and I don't, this is what I would believe it looked like...

Nick

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks fun! I would love to go to Cancun. I've been to Tijuana and that place does smell like piss, but I bet Cancun is a whole different experience.

whatcha doin with the kid?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

He'll probably spend some time with the Grandmas :)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home