Wednesday, August 01, 2007

More music

I was thinking about some more music to put on here, and instantly thought of an Elliot Smith cover song that Mason Jennings does, Angeles. I think it fits this blog well because the lyrics remind me of poker...

And what's a game of chance to you, to him is one of real skill
So glad to meet you
Angeles
Picking up the ticket shows there's money to be made
Go on and lose the gamble that's the history of the trade
You add up all the cards left to play to zero
And sign up with evil
Angeles


I like Mason's version because it's live and was done in a theater, which adds a cool effect. When we seen him in Milwaukee, it was at the old Pabst Theater, which is beyond cool. It took me a few 16oz Pabsts to get past the vertigo from being in that place though...

I was thinking too... It says in my profile that I'm 27, which I am. But next week I'll turn 28. When I think of some of the famous musicians that died at 27, it'll be kind of nice to make it past it. Probably jinxing myself here... When you consider though that people like Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, just to name a few, all died at 27. Weird.

Anyways, here's the song, Angeles. It's good stuff, give it a listen.



Nick

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home