Thursday, August 02, 2007

The table project and some free time...



Here's a look at the table project. When I'm done, I'm hoping for something to this effect:



Might need some crafty help from the wife on this one :) The problem with my table is the outside edge is only about 1 1/2", which doesn't lend well to stapling the rail material (the black part) and hiding the staples well. We'll have to get creative.

I think for the middle, just a thin piece of wood with some felt will work well. It will be raised up more, but I'm not sure that would be such a bad thing.

Aside from that, the wife went out tonight, so after the boy went down I played a few free rolls on Poker Stars. I don't play for real money online anymore, because, besides being a hassle to get your money in with all the stupid new laws, I'm not big of internet play. I like being able to look at someone when I'm playing. Too many fishes ands donkeys out there playing online to put much money on it. It's just not really my idea of poker. But... the free rolls give me my poker fix when I can get it. Which isn't much.

I played one No Limit Hold 'Em sit and go with 27 players. Someone went all-in on the first hand, and I had A-10, so I figured my chances were as good as any to double up right away. I hate doing that, because that's really not poker, but what the hell. I missed and was out.

Then I played a HORSE tournament with 4,000 players. 27 spots were awarded free buy in to a $1000 round two tournament. HORSE is a limit game, with a combination of Hold 'Em, Omaha Hi/Low, Razz, seven card Stud and seven card Stud Hi/Low. Each time the deal goes around, you switch games. I did fairly well for a while, and then busted out on a table of mostly people sitting out. Only three of us were playing, and at that point, all your hands look decent. There were about 2,000 players left when I went out.

Next was a HORSE sit and go with eight players. Busted out sixth, because the person to my left just raised everything with anything. Not too much fun, so I blew all my chips away and quit.

But... looks like Saturday during the day there might be another friendly cash game going down, so we'll see what happens. As well, there is a pot limit Omaha tournament a few hours north on Sunday, but doubt I'll make it to that. For only a $10 buy-in, it's not really worth the drive, although it would be fun to play an Omaha tournament. Not too many of those around. Oh well.

Nick

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am going to go ahead and try not to get too attached to your new blog, since they tend to disappear from time to time. kidding. Glad to see your back on.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home