Monday, August 06, 2007

From here on out...

* Does it surprise you that I've already bored myself with a poker blog? I really wish I had the discipline to write about one topic, but alas, my ADD won't allow it. I promise I won't keep changing the title of this blog, but someday it may make sense. In the meantime, I'll post on whatever. I think it will be more enjoyable for all.

* First off, kudos to the wife. She planned and fully executed a surprise birthday party for me and another friend on Saturday. It was a ton of fun, and despite drinking until well in the morning, I didn't wake up hungover. However, after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep, I did wake up very tired... It's not all that fun to drink all night when you have a child to retrieve from Grandmas early in the morning...

* I did manage to sneak in some poker games Saturday during the day (that's how they got me out of the house...) and Saturday night. I lost $10 during the day but stayed in long enough to fend off the other drunks Saturday night, and split a $70 prize. So, $25 up on the day... not bad.

* My friends are by far the most dysfunctional when it comes to relationships. It's really quite boring. Every time we see certain couples, they're drunk and fighting, and it's no coincidence that the two go hand in hand. I felt like telling a few people to just grow up on Saturday. At least act like you're adults when you're around other people.

* The wife and I don't have many couples-friends to do stuff with. Will you be our friends?

* Is it just me, or does everyone have a certain person that just drains the life out of them? Kind of like Bill Lumberg in the movie Office Space. You do everything you can to avoid them, but they're always there. And they really just piss you off so bad that you can't focus on anything else. I can't say I want to kill a certain person, that's not necessary, I just wish I could never have to talk to them again. I wonder if anyone feels that about me...

* I turn 28 tomorrow. Bleh. Birthdays seem like such a hassle as you get older. Gone are the days of people just coming over and unloading cool presents on you. Now I have to buy bagles on my way to work for all the goats I work with. That's bull, people should be buying stuff for me. Better yet, I shouldn't have to work. You should never have to work on your own birthday. I'm bitter.

Nick (still 27... and loving it.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your hr dep. doesn't' buy you a cake... shame.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody has ever thrown me a surprise party. I want one.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home