Tuesday, July 03, 2007

This post contains everything you didn't want to know about me...

I've always really wanted to come out of the closet. You know how some people make this big deal about coming out of the closet and announcing they're gay... or that they're 38 and still playing video games... or they're becoming a woman...

Our old dentist actually sent us a two page letter in the mail at one time explaining that he, was now becoming a she. It was one of most awkward pieces of writing I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

Back to the closet, and me coming out of it. Now, once upon a time, I sort of came out of a small closet and announced that I was bisexual. But, I think anyone who has been reading this blog for any amount of time already knew of my rather deviant activities, especially relating to sex, so it probably wasn't a real big shocker. And it's no fun to come out of the closet if the door was already half open...

I actually have two confessions to make in this post, or "coming outs", if you will. I expect that when I divulge my first "coming out", a lot of people will lose what little respect they had for me. Upon my second "coming out", I suspect I will have to close this blog for lack of readers... But, no one comes out of the closet with the expectation that life will ever be how it once was. That's the risk you take. So, here I go...

Oh god, how do I say this... Oh, come on, just say it. Ok... I like techno. There! I said it! I like to listen to techno!!! I have a lot of goofy interests when it comes to music, and one of them is techno. It really started back in my drug-doing days. The first time I did acid, a bunch of us spent the night at a friend's house, and one of my friends was the hippy/goofy/techno type. He blasted this music thru the house all night that really drove several of us to edge of insanity. But it was fun. The music was trippy.

I've never been a raver type though. You know, the kids who take a bunch of weird drugs like ecstasy and suck on those ring sucker things... yeah, not me. I did go to an outdoor rave once though. It was in a city park, in the middle of the day. A bunch of djs just set up in a park shelter, with their turntables and enough damn electronics to power a KISS concert. And then imagine 50 or 60 kids running around the park with so much pot and acid that people were just giving it away, and throwing it on the ground. And we grew up in a very capitalistic drug scene. Nothing was free, and no way were drugs ever wasted. But, it was a weird, weird, very weird day...

So yeah, me and techno... whodathunkit? By the way, the hot wife absolutely hates techno, so you're not alone in your disgust and disdain.

And now, if you've thrown up already reading this post, I would suggest just closing your browser. What I'm about to tell you is not for the faint of heart. Ugh... this hurts... Ok, while I'm not exactly a fan of the group, I like a couple of extended dance mix versions from a group called Tatu...

Most sane people are scratching their heads... "who the fuck is Tatu?" Well, you may or may not remember, a couple of years ago they came on to the MTV scene with a song called "All the things she said". And then there was this big controversy about their manager, who just put two Russian girls together and paraded them out as lesbian schoolgirls who run around in their underwear and make out in the pouring rain. Apparently there's a market for that kind of stuff? Who knows...

I realize that extended dance mix version is just a nice way of saying shitty techno, but something about girls singing in Russian to shitty techno does it for me. Hey, it's not my fault they were poor Russian girls taken advantage of by some weirdo, pervert manager and exploited by an American culture obsessed with sex (me)... Actually, I'm really just obsessed with female singers.

Well, if I'm going to hell, you might as well come with. So, some Tatu over in the box.

Love ya
Nick

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home