Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Never mind the other 99...

Given last week's discussion in the comments about the greatest guitar players, I thought it would be fun to come up with my favorite 100 bands of all time. Not necessarily the best, but my favorite. I'm still working on it, but I was pondering whether to put the Sex Pistols on it or not. I went back and listened to some Sex Pistols and decided that I would indeed put them on there. And then I put some in the box as reference, from the album/movie The Great Rock and Roll Swindle. To hell with Never Mind the Bollocks, this album is a much better pick if you want to listen to some Sex Pistols.

btw - as a side note, did you know that Johnny "Rotten" Lydon asked Flea (formerly of FEAR, and then obviously Red Hot Chili Peppers) to be in his post-Pistols band PIL??? I was blown away to learn that Flea was bassist in FEAR, which we learned watching American Hardcore Sunday night... I was even more blown away to think that Flea could have played with Johnny Rotten and turned it down to play in RHCP.

btww - Johnny Rotten is a douche.

btwww - Sid Vicious was a bigger douche and the worst bass player ever.

btwwww - I converted the files to .mp3, so you can preview them without downloading the file.

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home