Thursday, February 01, 2007

Your kid's a pussy...

Just. Get. A. Load. Of. This. I wish I could make shit like this up, but I'm not that creative.

Bicycle riders can now legally ride on sidewalks in New Berlin (WI), and, thanks to Alderman John Hopkins, they can ride with no hands on the handlebars.



At its Jan. 23 meeting, the Common Council approved the ordinance, which came along with a list of 23 rules and regulations for bike riders.

"No rider shall take both hands off the handles or ride recklessly in any other manner," was rule number 10.




The rules range from requiring lights on bikes ridden at night to yielding to pedestrians. Rules require moving in the same direction as road traffic and prohibit towing another bicycle.

"Riding crosswise and curving to and fro" also is prohibited by the rules.




Alderman Bill Moore praised the Safety Committee for coming up with the ordinance, adding it is important to have guidelines.

"It gives police something to fall back on if someone causes an accident," he said.


I just don't understand how we've gotten to this point in this country. Let's just face it, we're a country full of sissies. Riding a bike with no hands, curving to and fro? I've already made my feelings known on wearing bike helmets, but at least I can understand how some would be concerned with their kid falling and cracking their head open. But riding a bike with no hands? Curving to and fro?

If the 80s us could fast forward to now, they would so kick our asses.

Ya know... when I teach Braeden to ride a bike, I think I might just intentionally push him into a tree a couple of times. Just to toughen the little fucker up a bit.

Nick

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home