Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm seeing red...

*Warning - the following post contains right-wing political rhetoric sent to me exclusively from Fox News Channel. If you don't like that shit, then leave.

I was reading the following post on some liberal blog this aft, over lunch. I don't know why I do this to myself. I know in my heart I tend to disagree strongly with liberal politics. But it's like when you pass a bad accident on the highway. You don't want to look, but you just do. And then you wish you hadn't, because now that's all you can think about.

Isn't it always amazing how you just come upon accidents that JUST happened? Like, if you were driving a mph faster, you would have been involved? Scary stuff.

Anyways, I'm reading this blog post. Reading. Reading. And then this...

There are issues that do demand [Democratic Party] unity — opposition to President Bush’s effort to end Social Security was one of them, for example...

I find it hard to live with my fellow humans sometimes. Look, I understand if you like Social Security as is. I even understand if all you want to do is oppose the President. It's not a real productive plan, but whatever, it's a free country. Do what you want.

But I simply can't stand the opposition to diverting a small percentage of payroll taxes into a retirement account. It drives me fucking mad. Here's why:

1. It would have been voluntary. If you're against the idea, DON'T DO IT!

2. The government in this country is a fucking joke. Any chance I get to take money away from them, I'll take.

3. My 401k made over 15% last year. The money I put into Social Security hasn't made shit. It never has and never will. In fact, it was probably spent on that stupid fucking bridge to nowhere in Alaska.

4. Politicians don't do Social Security. They don't pay in, they don't take out. Why? Because they're not stupid enough.

5. The money saved in my personal account would be mine. If I die, I would get to give it to someone, like my family. Now, if I die, my family gets just over $200, no matter how much I put into Social Security. Rip off? hmmmm....

This. This is why I don't believe in God. He wouldn't have surrounded me with such idiocy. I don't deserve it.

Nick

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home