Monday, February 19, 2007

The Second Annual i think washing your hands is stupid... Awards

Well, buckle up bitches, it's time for the Second Annual i think washing your hands is stupid... Awards. I started doing this last year because, well, the Grammys is for rich people. And also, I never win any damn awards, so you might as well!

If you don't remember from last year, you don't actually win anything for these awards, except my undying gratitude for entertaining me. Or something. On with the show!!

The first award is the Funny Award. For her continuation post on 10 MORE Things I (She) Would Enjoy During A WI Winter... Lulu: Chispa. See folks, writing about Wisconsin does get you special favors.

Next up, the Hip Award. This goes to the blogger I think is the hippest, and I would probably enjoy hanging with if we ever got the chance. Lawryde from Pure Gonzo Engineering and the Mrs. I don't know... something tells me after a few beers, the political conversation would be real interesting. Just kidding, you shouldn't mix alcohol with politics. Maybe we'll stick to hockey...

Now, the best blog design award. I'm not sure what is up with all those splat things, but the design is unique and creative. And that's the award I say. It goes to My Splatter Painted Life. Get funky.

And now the Loyalty and Support Award. Loyalty and support when it comes to blogging is hard to come by. Readers come and readers go, it's just the nature of the beast. But when someone is there for the long haul, you feel like you know that person, even though you've maybe never met. For being here the longest, never judging me, and leaving comments just about everywhere, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... The Loyalty and Support Award for the second year in a row goes to Dawn from, well, wherever the hell she blogs these days. Thanks Dawn.

The next award is for the Most Inspirational Blogger. If you read her blog, it's a no brainer. B from Relaxed Alert. Your writing really does mean a lot to a lot of people.

The next award is for Best Daddy Blog. You gots to have one of those awards. Anywho, for their collective blogging from daddyhood and cool name - The Blogfathers. Incidentally, they are looking for new daddy blogging talent, if you know of any other good daddy bloggers.

And, with that, the Best Mommy Blog. Not that we need any more pictures of your daughter on the toilet, but she is a cutie, and obviously very loved. sloppy kisses.

The Best 80s TV Party Post Award. A while back some of us took a trip down memory lane and posted about our 80s experiences. While it was supposed to relate to 80s tv, which is clearly unrivaled, some took it in a different direction and posted about the 80s in general. For including a picture with a real, live Black Flag flyer in the backround, and an Ice T reference... it's the little things... Clearly we were all much cooler in the 80s.

The final award today is the Creativity Award. This is the most important feature for a blog to me. It keeps me coming back, wondering what will be written that day. It is seldom the same over and over. And the Creativity Award goes to - me dammit. It's 'bout damn time I win something you selfish bastards.

Thanks guys, you make the world go around.

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home