Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I can't get no...

The bottom line to this post is that I haven't been getting a lot of sex lately, because apparently the whole world is sick. And not that I would be having sex with the whole world, but, the hot wife is part of it, and thus, no sex. Get all that? So we're all sick and not having sex. But because we're sick we've been basically living on cough medicine and cough drops. And beer. Because cough medicine just doesn't have enough alcohol in it.

Anyways, yesterday this friend asked me if I was going to Las Vegas to go to the Kitchen and Bath show this year. Which I'm not, because if I went to Las Vegas, it wouldn't be to go to some stuffy work related thing. What happens in Vegas should not relate to work. It kind of goes with that whole saying - don't get your meat where you get your bread... make your bread? Whatever.

And then some contract agency contacted me about a job.

So, I'm having this dream last night and it seems so real, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm sick and not sleeping well, or what. But we're in Vegas, we're drunk, and we're having sex. And then the phone rings. And normally I wouldn't answer the phone during sex, because, you know, who wants to hear that in the backround? But I'm waiting for this phone call about a job, so I answer it. It's about the job.

guy calling about the job: I'm calling about the job.
me: ok
guy calling about the job: oh wait, we're going to have to check this out.
me: check what out?
guy calling about the job: well, your blood sugar level is high.
me: is that bad?
guy calling about the job: uh, yeah dumbass.

Do you get it? Everything else in the dream has happened, except for the bit about the high blood sugar.

And then I'm driving into work this morning and I hear this thing on NPR about doping and bike racing, and how your biological markers can change when your sick. And that makes sense, because I've been living on this cough stuff, which, I haven’t checked the labels, but I'm sure contain sugar. Doesn't everything?

Is it bad that all I want to do is go back to sleep so I can call this guy back and tell him that my blood sugar is high because I'm sick? You'd think I would want to go back to sleep so I can have more drunk sex. That's how bad being sick messes with you.

And now an announcement. Within the next few days... the Second Annual i think washing your hands is stupid... Awards. Stay tuned.

Nick

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home