Thursday, December 21, 2006

I am Father, hear me roar...

We need to do something different around here, so I am going to post more. The truth is, if I get any less interest in this blog, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown and this time of year, dammit, that would not be a good thing. I have lots of time off coming up, and you don't want me drinking all day do you?

Anyways, I got this email the other day from a new online magazine type deal called The Father Life. How did I get this email you may ask? Well, in their "start-up research", I was identified as a father who would possibly be interested in this magazine. Shocked you are too? I've never been identified as anything of importance. Although I was once identified as the state contact for people wanting to give up their Rottweilers... that was tons of fun.

But to be identified, maybe because of this blog, as a father interested in things other, likely funnier and more interesting, fathers are interested in?

You know what I fucking hate? Blog awards. I hate awards basically in general. Mainly because I never win, but not only that, I don't even exist according to most stupid awards. Nope, never been nominated for a stupid blog award, even in the stupid, worthless blog category. But HA! I have been identified as a father in start-up research, and dammit that is something.

Did you guys know that I "applied" to become a writer for a some stupid community blog? No, because I don't think I told anyone, because I knew they wouldn't even email me back. And they didn't. They apparently weren't impressed with the posts on goofy art and unknown musicians. And perhaps you aren't either, but rather return out of the weird internet-induced obligation that haunts bloggers. We've discussed this before.

Oh well, I still have you guys (obligated or otherwise) and a pretty uninteresting blog with ever-decreasing traffic and besides from being identified in start-up research for an online magazine for and about Fathers, I got a promotion yesterday. I guess things are looking up...

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home