Friday, December 08, 2006

Hear me, know me...

I think one of the best things about blogging is when you can take what others have said and piggy back on it. Effectively, steal someone else's ideas and use them to create your own post, or ideas if you will. I love doing that. Sometimes that is the only inspiration I have to blog, what others write. I simply sit down, read a few blogs and poof! Ideas come forth, and I spew them all over the blog for you to read. I would love to do that today, but really, I'm tired. And uninspired for the most part. But, don't get me wrong, it's not your faults, you all have great posts which I could use to create some steamy, well written, infinitely wise commentary. And, as you're all aware, my posts are all but that typically.

So, since I'm lazy, and you're not... I want to give credit where credit really is due. Below are the posts I have enjoyed reading, and would love to take up... if I weren't so damn lazy...

Relaxed Alert has a good one on one of my favorite topics... Christmas. Or, non-Christmas... or... Just go read it, and join in the festivities that is discussing what people should not discuss with others... religion. I'm just kidding, I love discussing religion. Mainly because I have thoughts which most are offended by, and I love to offend.

Dawn comes up with some other good posts on... religion (and culture) and race. Unfortunately I'm forbidden from linking to her, so too bad for you. She does have one good line I like:

"She said that 'the western world does not understand these people [Pakistanis/Muslims], this religion, and the culture and that if we don't understand it, it will eventually kill us!'"

Oh wouldn't you like to be in on that conversation?! It's good stuff. Trust me.

Lindsay has a good post on what animals think about the Holidays and the preparations involved in all the brewha that goes along with them. Remember kiddies, animals do not think like humans. Silly pets...

Ah, where would we be without a good post on corporate America from Lawryde... I will say this, ain't no way in hell I'm getting a six percent raise this year... I only have the pricks at the Federal Reserve to thank for that. Yeah, let's make interest rates a little fuckin' higher and see if we can't knock down the housing market a tad bit more! I don't really believe that, but it was fun to say... Guys, corporate America is a soul sucking son of a horror. Stay away, and you will live a much happier life...

And finally, I don't typically link to Dooce (because everyone else and their momma already does), but she has a good post up documenting tons of hate mail from the animal rights whackos. I miss both hate mail and animals rights whackos. I use to get a lot more hate mail when this blog was more political, but I've taken a noticeably more neutral stance as of late. I just don't have the energy to argue my political points anymore. Read - the liberals have sucked the life from me and I can no longer fight back... hahaha.... HAHAHAHAHA... Doesn't the word liberal just have such a negative connotation? Good. It should... wussys.

That's really it. Have fun reading everyone else's blog and we'll see you back here next week. Oh, and wish me luck for the poker tournament this weekend to benefit Juvenile Diabetes. It's a shitty thing, and I'm glad to help kick it's ass. Eh, who am I kidding... I just want to play some poker...

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home