Monday, July 24, 2006

O'Doyle rules!

One of the things that I am afraid of passing on to our son is my contempt for authority. Well, maybe that's a bit harsh. I'm not exactly an outcast or a squatter or anything like that. But I have always been a very independent person. And that could be because I was the only boy in a family of three kids, so I always played with myself. Literally...

I hate when people tell me what to do, or make plans for me (just ask the hot wife), or try to get me to believe something I don't want to believe, or agree with something I don't want to agree with, or what have you.

On one hand, being independent can be a good thing, but I can see it leading to problems for the lad as well. I guess because I know what it's like going through life like that.

Just take simple things like religion and politics. I don't believe in God, and I have voted Republican almost every time I have voted. Try bringing that up in a conversation these days... I've come close to kicking friends out of my house before because people will just freak out when they hear such nonsense. "How could you vote for George Bush?! Don't you know he's responsible for blowing up the World Trade Center??!!" "If you don't believe in God, you're going to hell." "How could you not believe in God but vote Republican? Don't you know they are anti-business?"

But I don't give a f&*% what other people think. In fact, the more what I do or think pisses people off, the more I want to do or think it. Being offensive is humorous to me. But I'm not real sure that this is a trait I want to pass on to my child. Do I want to be the person who gives my kid a mohawk just so old people look and say, "Oh goodness, that poor child..." and we can flip them off together? Do I want to dress my kid like a punk so people think we neglect him and let him do whatever he wants at two years old? And then when they say something I can tell them to f$%* off and mind their own business?

F$%* it. My kid is going to kick your kids ass...

Nick

......I'm not exactly sure why I still refuse to not spell F$%* correctly. I guess I want to be offensive, and yet, kid friendly.... I'm weird like that.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home