Monday, July 17, 2006

We have truck loads of sex...

The last few weeks the hot wife and I have been diligently watching a show on TLC called A Baby Story. Actually, she watches and I play online poker on the laptop. I watch whenever I fold early, which is a lot... I watch a lot.

If you haven't watched the show, they basically follow around a couple who are expecting a child through the pregnancy and the delivery. It's interesting for us because it gives some kind of idea of what to expect, and a wide variety of possible situations we may find ourselves in come November (hopefully).

So far, other than the lady who was going to use a pretty bitchy midwife and what looked like a pool of chemical sludge, but ended up going to the hospital where the drugs be at, it's been some pretty normal situations. Most go off without a hitch.

Until yesterday, when I was shocked and saddened, and then maddened. Not one, but two couples we watched yesterday said their sex life during pregnancy was non-existent. All of them claimed they had needs, but there was no time, or no energy, or this excuse and that excuse. One fella even said, "Everyone says your sex life is going to be great... I'd like to meet that couple... hardy har har..."

So the hot wife and I actually paused having some of the most satisfying and gratifying and gravity defying sex known to man or woman, and tried to reach the poor lad via the telephone. To no avail. Back to the sex.

I felt bad for him. Because I don't care what anyone says, if you aren't having any sex during pregnancy, you probably weren't having much before, and you definitely aren't getting any afterwards. I just wanted to hug him and console him and tell him that everything will be alright (with the divorce) and there is still some hope yet (hookers).

Don't get me wrong, the sex life during pregnancy... I wouldn't call it great necessarily. It's fun, and it's satisfying, if you put some effort into it. Certainly you can't do all of the things you did pre-pregnancy, like getting super drunk and having "how are my underwear downstairs, yet my pants in the shower" sex.

But no sex? For nine plus months?

Listen, no sex is never an option unless one of you is receiving Social Security benefits, either for old age or disability. Make time. Make energy. The dishes can wait 5 minutes... or why not do it while doing the dishes? Or the laundry... Or... while, playing poker online....

Nick

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home