Monday, August 22, 2005

This is not a meme, this is the real deal...

Dawn axes the following on her blog:

1) Do you think your blogging friends have an accurate image of you? How well do you think you know them?

I would say no, the people who read my blog probably think I'm a womanizing alcoholic. Sure, I would like to be that, but I'm really not.

2) Is there a certain 'type' of blog that you usually read? Do you mostly read blogs of people similar to you or different from you?

I like blogs where the writer is creative. I'm not big on strictly political blogs, and it gets boring when people rattle on and on about things in their lives that no one else can relate to or understand. I like a little humor. I like people who let it all out, and aren't afraid to get a little crazy sometimes.

3) If there was a blog convention and you had the opportunity to meet everyone in blog-land in real life would you go?

Hmmm... tough one. I would probably say I would go, and make plans, but chicken out at the last second. I'm too shy in real life to meet a bunch of people in that situation. I'd like to say I would, but there's a better than 50/50 chance I would skip it. Although it would make fantastic blogging material...

4) If you went and you were seated at a table for four, which other bloggers would you want at your table?

My first one would be drunklaw. You can never know too many lawyers. My second would be Lulu. Only because I know she is going to be hitting on every good looking guy there, and that's good entertainment. My third would be Blake K. He's going to be ripping everything from the silverware to parking arrangements. After 4 or 5 drinks with these three, it's a guarantee that I'll be rolling on the floor laughing my ass off, and that's how you know you've had a good night.

5) Do you share your blog with significant others, family and friends in your real life or is it your little secret?

Only my wife, and even that took some time. Not because I rip my family or friends, I just don't want to be constrained by who reads this. If someone doesn't understand my sense of humor, there's a good chance that they will misunderstand my writing. Nothing kills the creative soul faster than someone misunderstanding you, and then getting offended by it.

Weeee, that was fun!

peace nick

9 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

What you wouldn't want to be at a table with me? Umph, see how you are? :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I know Sandi, I feel bad about that considering you have been the most loyal reader.

But in the end I couldn't take the chance that you would bring Sam and whip him out on the dinner table... That would ruin my night :)

And you said your first memory of me was a pompous conservative... how rude! :)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

You know what, you're right. I probably would be hitting on all the hot guys there. But you would get all the real entertainment from watching me try to feel up girls. Boy is THAT a riot.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

i love jager shots and office space

12:58 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

lulu - yeah, 'spose that would be, um, interesting... :)

bill - put the pipe down for a minute, would ya?

2:24 PM  
Blogger praynlady said...

I guess I'm sorta like your #2 on this post. I write I think with humor, I write about life, religion and things that I care about. I like to express myself but I, on the other hand sometimes want my family to read it cuz I could be "rippin" them and then they'd know I was mad or upset! haha

2:59 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I hope she sticks around. I have a lot of incongruent thoughts on religion... she could be of some use.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Oh well, your right, I wouldn't be able to resist seeing the reactions that Sam would bring. But I am a sadistic bitch, so there ya go. :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

sandi - that's why we love you :)

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home