Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Wow... thats really... big.....

21.3mb. Thats how big the latest version of iTunes is. WHY? What the hell is in there that takes up 21.3mb of space?

...better dance naked for me being that size...

Anyways, I wanted to write a blip about the new Green Day album, American Idiot. I used to be a pretty big Green Day fan back in the high school days. Dont tell me you werent a confused punk at one time! And I know I have ripped people for being mainstream, but... well, alright, they are mainstream... Can we get on with it?

I would download this album illegally, but I dont think I would buy it. Now, Ive been in a basement band. I certainly have few credentials to be ripping bands, but having been a follower of Green Day, they arent getting better. They are getting worse.

Green Day reminds me of the Doors, in the 60s and 70s. You're thinking, "huh?" Follow me. The Doors came out with 3 great albums early in their career. The Doors, Strange Days and Waiting for the Sun. The songs were perfected by the time they recorded because they had played clubs for so long with those songs.

Green Day is the same way. 3 great albums pretty quickly, 1,039..., Kerplunk and Dookie. Dookie is when they hit mainstream. But they helped a lot of dorks cross over and be kewl, be punk and stink. Green Day was the pot for most people who are now coke heads. Pot is just the drug you use until you meet the "cool people".

But who the hell has heard of any Green Day songs after Dookie? Maybe one here or there... Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) was popular for a while... maybe a few others. The Doors had a few songs later in their careers as well. LA Woman, uh, LA Woman.... But by in large... they sucked. Green Day I mean.

I mean, c'mon... Billy Joe wears make-up 24/7... they had a second guitarist when they played live for the New Years party in NYC and they dont even acknowledge him? Its no wonder their albums are lame. Have you ever seen a second guitarist in any Green Day pictures or interviews? Me neither...

And if your name is not Glenn Danzig or Gene Simmons, you shouldnt be wearing make-up. Or those weirdos from Gwar. Other than that, its not... a good idea.

Go buy the garbage. But dont say I didnt warn you. Song 3 is good though... if you're going to steal it off the internet....

peace nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home