Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Read your damn email!

I just spent my whole lunch hour (almost) emailing an Illinois State Senator. And now Im wondering to myself... why would I even bother? The chances of him reading my email are about slim to none. The chances of anyone reading the emails I send are equally as dismal.

I thought we were on to something here people... you know, with this whole email thing. No one actually wants to take the time to write and read real letters these days. And I just despise the phone. I hate talking on the phone. Here is a typical phone conversation that I have with one of my friends:

me: what are you doing?
friend: nothing

me: wanna go to the bar, get drunk and hit on married women?
friend: sure

me: see ya there

Simple. Quick. Effective. But if I actually have something important to say, the phone is not something I want to use. I dont want to spend more than 20 seconds with some uncomfortable piece of plastic stuck to my ear, trying to find the right time to talk because half the time you and the other person end up talking at the same time anyways, and then you both say - what did you say? No, what did you say?

I dont have time for that crap. Its so much more effective to type a quick email, hit send and then let the other person decide when it would be a good time to reply.

BUT NO ONE READS THEIR FRICKEN EMAILS ANYMORE!!!

I know, its hard with all the spam and junk emails that people send constantly. We can deal with those people later. But for now, I am important, and I want to use email because I am anti-social and hate using the phone.

So check your email daily, and when you see one from me, open it, read it and reply if needed. If I have to call you Im going to be pissed off.



Oh, and the Senator I was emailing is some dweeb named Martin Sandoval. Of course, he is a Democrat, because all Illinois politicians are Democrat, which made me want to use foul language even more... But Sen. Sandoval has taken it upon himself to propose a law that would make all Rottweilers and GSDs (along with several other breeds) dangerous dogs. Oh hell no.

So I wrote to Sen. Sandoval to invite him to do some research on a man named Joe Tavitas, a Chicago firefighter and paramedic, who searched the WTC rubble for survivors with his ROTTWEILER search and rescue dog, Big Foot. Maybe the Senator doesnt realize that he would be making a national hero a dangerous dog....

He does now... if he reads his email... I may have to actually send him a fricken letter to make sure though.... damn ignorant state senators....

peace nick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I read your article..wow amazing since he is my long lost cousin..could you pass along my email to him so he can contact me...we lost contact and I am trying to reach him....thanks Linda
pocahantas2000@yahoo.com...I am Linda Quesada his cousin from chicago...

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home