Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Im a little lost now...

Today I made the decision to not seek re-election when our dog rescue elects its new board of directors in March/April. I know, you are just shocked at this breaking news.... But when you have spent 6 years helping to build a non-profit organization from nothing, its a little hard to just walk away and leave your baby in the hands of other people.

6 years guys... and then nothing. What the hell am I going to do with myself?

Well, I have semi-agreed to take another dog. Exactly what I said I would never do again, but Im weak like that. And impulsive.

Being impulsive is quite possibly my worst trait. I literally have the patience of a gnat. Some would argue the intelligence as well... To them I say, yeah, but what about you?

No, dad, what about YOU? (Remember that from Breakfast Club? Dont you watch any good movies?)

But really, being impulsive is no good. Do as I say, and think things thru before you act. You will be much happier in life.

So I guess for the first time in 6 years I will not be a volunteer anymore. Just some regular schmuck who sits around and lets everyone else do the crappy work.

Maybe I could volunteer for Greenpeace or something...

"NO BUSH, NO KILLING POOR DEFENSELESS ANIMALS AND EATING THEM"

No wait.... thats PETA.....

peace nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home