Friday, February 18, 2005

Im not that passionate...

We watched Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson last night. I know, I know... finally???

I dunno... I guess I will say at most I am neutral. Without dealing with the actual story/plot... how entertaining is an hour and a half of watching someone being tortured and condemned? Not that exciting for me I guess.

As far as the actual plot. I wish Gibson would have built up to the actual crucifixion a little better. As someone who is not all that knowledgeable about the stories of Jesus, it was a struggle to put it all into context. I understand some, but was expecting a little more education.

The part that intrigued me the most was the focus on Judas. From what little I have read, there is some differing opinions on whether Judas betrayed Jesus, or whether Jesus sent Judas. I dont know what really happened, I can see the arguements for both sides. But it seems as though Gibson is saying Judas betrayed Jesus. Why else would Judas go thru so much hell, and then finally kill himself? I dunno whether Judas really betrayed Jesus or not, but makes you think twice about crossing Jesus, huh?

Overall I would give the movie 2 stars out of 4. I think it spent way too much time just showing Jesus being beaten by the Roman goons. I would have made that story about 10-15 minutes of the movie. Spend the rest of the movie detailing life before the crucifixion, and then spend some time detailing life afterwards. I think you would have had a much more interesting movie that way.

But that could be why I am a CAD Designer, and Mel Gibson is a actor/director.....

peace nick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I can't comment on the movie, because someone couldn't PAY me to watch that although I am even religious to some extent. But I just wanted to say that I read your blog and enjoy it, and hope your day is filled with SUNSHINE! :)

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home