Monday, March 07, 2005

Im breaking up too... but not like you...

Ive thought hard about what to write today, but much to my displeasure, I can only form a coherent thought on breaking up. Its everywhere lately. In the blogs I read, people are breaking up. My friend is going thru a divorce. Another friend broke up with her boyfriend this past week.

What the hell is wrong with all you people? I dont need this much f-ing drama in my life.

I think we could fix a lot of relationship problems if women and men would just meet half way. Here's what I propose...

Guys... quit being such asses. There is no need to tell your girlfriend to go clean something. There is no need to hit on other women. No staring at other women (in the presence of yours of course), no dancing with other women, no talking about other women. Stare at your own woman once in a while.

Women... quit... being women.... I dont know how else to put it. You know all those things you women do? Yeah, well it pisses us men off. Spending 20 minutes to "get ready" just so you can leave the house? Dont do that. And dont say, "I just want to look good for you." We're not dumb. Cut the over-emotional, overly-possessive, overly-whiny, Im a girl and I have so many problems crap too. When you come home and bitch and moan every day about how crappy your pathetic lives are, is it any wonder your guy is hitting on other chicks? Those chicks probably have one thing you dont, a smile on their face, instead of an open mouth with non-stop whining coming out of it.

I think there is a common problem with male/female relationships that end up not working out. Everyone is so damn concerned with the other person in their relationship, and how that person acts. No one looks in the mirror, and says, if I changed, things would be different.

Everyone wants the person they are with to be more romantic, or more sensitive, or more sexual, or to act a certain way. But they never take the time to evaluate themselves as a person, and how they act or present themselves.

You cant change how other people act or behave. You can only change yourself. You only have control of yourself. Maybe the problem isnt how other people in your relationships act or behave, maybe the problem is you.

Or I could be all screwed up too... In which case I dont have the answers for you... but Im glad you stopped by to visit...

peace nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home