Thursday, September 23, 2004

I cant think of titles anymore...

So here is a good show for ya, if you so happen to live in driving distance of Madison, WI...

http://www.luthersblues.com/lb/details.php?id=457

Mindy Smith sounds a tad country for me, but Im really interested in seeing Garrison Starr and Charlie Mars. I know Garrison has done some touring with Mason Jennings, and Ive caught a few of her songs. Good stuff, all good stuff.
So I got to take a tour of the Kohler manufacturing plants today. Over 5 years working here and Ive never been on the tour... go figure. But man, how cool! I realize my opinion is biased, I wouldnt have it any other way, but it is one of the most interesting tours Ive ever been on. You can see everything from whirlpool baths being assembled, to the cast iron foundry, to brass finishing, and on and on... And the coolest part is, some of these processes have been done almost the same way for the better part of the last century. The tour guide was telling us of one guy who did the same grinding job for 43 years. 43 years! Could you imagine getting up every day and doing basically the same thing for 43 years? Thats unheard of these days. I started here when I was 19, I'll be damned if Im going to be doing the same thing when Im 62. Im retiring at 40, ready or not...
Anywho, moving on... unfortunately, last night I happen to catch the first new bachelor show. Is it just me, or are none of the women the bachelor picked worthy of advancing? In fact, I would have had trouble picking 5. Aside from most of them being just ugly, most of them are just in it to get married and have kids. Gee... is it any wonder none of these couples ever make it more than a year? You dont put two barely attractive, wildly successful people together, send them on unrealistic, fantasy-land dates and then expect the relationship to survive the real world.
I think the next bachelor should be in the city, the people have their first date in a smoky, loud bar, and they should preferably have at least some body fat. This is the real world. This fantasy crap they do now is just depressing to those of us who dont have fancy job titles, perfect bodies and tons of cash.
TV in general is just depressing. It should be football, 24/7.

peace nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home