Monday, June 05, 2006

This is getting old...

Remember that part in Mr. Deeds when Longfellow Deeds (Adam Sandler) is trying to convince all the share holders of... was it Blake Auto Parts? Whatever. He's trying to convince them not to split up the company, and he says something to the effect of - if we ran into ourselves as kids, we'd kick our own asses.

It was one thing to sit home babysitting on Saturday. It was good practice. I'm down with that. I learned how to give a baby a bath, how to not let said baby lay on it's stomach on your lap and play (baby's puke apparently, alot), how to put baby pajamas on (don't you think they should put MORE buttons on them things? me too!) and a whole host of other baby related tasks that I'll need to know in due time.

But here's where I would kick my own ass if I met me in some weird time/space continuum chamber thingy... The real parents went to a wedding. Ok fine. They should be home by midnightish, I'll just stay up and watch some tv. As if a 26 year old could possibly stay up past 11pm on a Saturday... What was I thinking?

How pathetic am I? I can't even stay up until midnight on a weekend night???

That was the worst of it, but did you know that Saturday I helped plant flowers? And yesterday I went golfing? Yeah. That's right. Golfing. Yard work. In bed by 11pm.

Now I just need to order some new dentures and maybe upgrade my walker...

This is what you have to look forward to on this blog. No more going out and partying and talks about slutty bartenders and Jager Bombs and nights of drunk sex and making out with members of the same sex. Nope. None of that anymore.

Maybe I should change the name of the blog to Wheelchair Dad or something similar. Maybe I could call it I'm Old and Boring and You Should Probably Go Elsewhere For Entertainment.

Leave me now. To be old and boring. Save yourselves.

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home