Thursday, May 18, 2006

This post is about politics.

No, really, it's about beer, but I thought I'd say it's about politics. Might do me some good. Never know.

Anyways, PGE has laid his political beliefs on the line, and I chimed in about Russ Feingold. So while I'm thinking politics, thought I might bring everyone up to speed on where I sit. If anything, I should make a few enemies in the process, and that's always fun.

PGE rips Bush. Hard. Which is fine with me. I voted for Bush twice, but even I am not all that happy with him and the Republicrats these days. I'm a budget hawk. I hate government spending, and they sure aren't holding the purse strings very tightly. If it were up to me, we would have a government responsible solely for national defense, and that's it. No Social Security, Medicare, welfare, spending on this, spending on that... none of it.

But it is what it is.

In some ways, I think the current government has actually done a great job, and has still been beaten up by those who simply change their expectations when something goes right.

The economy is good. It's creating jobs. Interest rates are still historically low. And yet, it's not good enough. Although you don't have to listen to that job loss number being thrown around anymore, which was getting obnoxious.

We haven't been hit by a major terrorist attack since 9/11. How many of you thought that would be the case? Not me. And yet, the government still isn't doing enough, or it's doing too much, or what have you.

So whatever, the political landscape is what it is. People are upset. They want change. Is it time for a Democrat to be President? Perhaps. But what will they stand for? What are the positions the Democrats plan to take? What is their recipe for change?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I don't know either. I don't know the Democrat position on anything. If they have any, mum is apparently it. I would actually consider voting Democrat this go around, because from what I have seen of the Republicans, they are doing nothing for me. But will the Democrats be any better? I don't know.

What is the Democrat position on anything major facing this country? Iraq? What is their plan for Iraq? Or Afghanistan? Or illegal immigration? Gay marriage? National security?

Or how about Social Security? That has sure slipped away from the national spotlight lately, but I'm guessing the problem hasn't gone away. I know what Bush's plan was. And I loved it. Being able to put money I would otherwise give the government to waste into a savings account? Brilliant!

The Democrats plan to save Social Security? (insert crickets having sex noise)

My problem with the Democrats is not where they stand on issues so much, it's that they don't stand at all. They are too busy hating Bush and just opposing everything the Republicans do, that they haven't taken the time to agree on anything in their own party.

Come up with some policy stances. Even if I don't agree with them, I at least know where you stand. And dammit, if you raise taxes to create more spending, I'm moving to Mexico...

And for the love of Allah... Hillary doesn't stand a f-ing chance people... I'd vote for Al Sharpton before I would vote for that cold, life sucking, been cheated on, nasty bitch.

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home