Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I won't leave now for then...

How about that for a blog post title? You don't even know what it means, do you? Don't feel bad, I don't either.

You know how you sometimes think back to your wonderful school days and say, "oh, if only I were still in high school..." It seems like such the life sometimes. No full time job. You still live with your parents. No mortgage. Or outrageous cell phone bills...

Oh wait, they probably do have that.

Well, having just finished up three interviews with high school students for a Youth Apprenticeship program... I no longer want to go back to high school. Sometimes kids just remind you of all the things that you hated about being a kid. Lately that has been the case with every kid over a year old.

Do I sound old and crotchety when I say, "what the hell is wrong with kids these days?" If you actually do get to meet a good kid, with a good head on their shoulders... they're a f-ing DORK! Where are all the good, smart, COOL kids?

Is it too much to ask that a junior in high school be able to spell properly? And talk in proper tenses, or not switch between past and present tense in the SAME SENTENCE??? Or like, say like, like every like ten f-like-ing words?

like like like like like like

The whole meaning of like has been simply washed away. But then, the whole appeal of youth for me has been washed away lately. They just don't make them like they used to...

I'm old.

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home