Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Father's Day

The last couple of Father's Days have been kind of weird. I guess because neither the hot wife nor I have a living father to celebrate with. The hot wife's dad passed away when she was very young, and mine passed away 2 years ago yesterday. Yeah, that's right. The first funeral I ever went to was my dad's, on Father's Day. Not exactly a memory I hold real dear.

It was a lot better this year though, because, duh, have you been living in a cave? I'm practically a dad already, and maybe even I am if you believe that whole - life begins at conception - stuff. I think I will feel even more like a dad after the ultrasound, which is this Friday. This Friday! We will hopefully be able to find out whether this thing is a boy or a girl.

Yes, I know back in your day "We didn't know for the whole nine months". Whaaa fricken whaaaa. At least you got to see the dinosaurs, right? I simply do not have the patience nor desire to wait that long. And with the technology and all to be able to tell, I refuse to pretend we're still in the stone age. This is the Here and Now Generation, is it not? Or maybe it's the McDonalds Generation. I don't fricken know.

If only we could have held off on Father's Day for one weekend, that would have been the perfect present. I guess timing has seldom been in my favor. Oh well, it is what it is. At least we will be able to celebrate by going to the Mason Jennings concert. This Friday!

This Friday is just going to absolutely rock. First we have the ultrasound, and hopefully find out the sex of our baby, and then we get to see Mason Jennings in concert. Again.

Wait. Damn. It's only Monday.

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home