Monday, May 01, 2006

Hello Moto.

The weekend was strangely productive... and interesting. Let's break it down.

- First, this ringing endorsement. Wow. I'm speechless. I mean, when someone calls you handsome, and caring, and all that... you can't help but smile and get all giddy. Thanks babe. Thanks for putting a big smile on my face this morning.

She really gives me way too much credit though. I dunno... maybe she just wants you all to think she has really great taste in men. Which she does, but hey, I'm no Heath Ledger...

- As the hot wife mentioned, I played a little poker Saturday night. I know, I know, I go out and play poker, leave my hot pregnant wife home alone to write blog posts about how great I am... What kind of asshole am I? Well, I won $50. So there! $50 which just so happened to buy her lunch and dinner yesterday.

I love playing poker. I told the hot wife yesterday that I was going to quit my job and go on the professional circuit. I don't think I will take it that far, but that would absolutely kick ass. The best part about poker? Lying makes you good. When a good lie in poker (bluff) works out, there's no better feeling.

- Moving on. 16:59. That was my time in the 2 mile run I ran Saturday morning. Not bad. It beat my goal of 17:00 minutes, and even earned me a beer for finishing within a minute of a guy who convinces me to run in all these runs. I keep wanting to call them races, but I don't look at them like that. I only race the clock. The clock usually kicks my ass.

So the next two mile run is June 10th. I have a lot of running to do before then, because, I don't want to hurt like I am hurting now then. I hurt. Bad.

- One of the reasons I hurt though, besides running, is we hung the drywall in the nursery on Saturday. Yeah, you friggen' read that right... I ran two miles in the morning, and THEN I hung drywall! How many of you lazy bastards can say that?

Hanging drywall has to be in the top 10 F-ING WORST JOBS EVER! I hate it. First of all, the walls of a house are never perfect. You can measure until you are blue in the face. The drywall will never f-ing fit perfectly. Sometimes you will grab the drywall, hoist it over your head, climb up on the ladder, try to fit it in, it won't fit, so you have to sit there and f-ing figure out why, with the damn shit sitting on your head because all the damn blood has rushed out of your damn arms and you can't hold them up anymore, and then you have to take the damn piece of drywall down, fix it, and then go thru all this SHIT AGAIN!!!!

That was the longest run-on sentence in the world. Don't doubt me.

F you drywall. F you. Oh, and tonight I have to try taping and mudding this shit again. Hanging drywall sucks. Taping and mudding f-ing sucks. It just gets progressively worse with this shit.

- I think that's it. I kind of went off on the drywall, and now it's all I can think about.

- Oh, wait, the NFL draft. Yes ladies, two damn days of pure football, without any football actually being played. You gotta love it. What do I think about the Packer's selections? The more I read and research it, the better I like them. We got rid of that f-ing ninny Javon Walker, although I think we got less then we deserved, and I would rather have gotten Ashley Lelie than just a second round pick, it could have been worse.

Our first pick rocked. AJ Hawk is going to kick ass. Second round picks seem ok, third rounders about the same, and so on. Hopefully we filled some holes, and we definately upgraded at linebacker.

- Now I think that's it.

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home