Monday, April 24, 2006

I hate politics.

Someone emailed me the other day. They basically said - I'm a reader, I have a new blog, do you want to trade links? Usually that would be enough for me to say no. As a general rule, I just don't link to people who ask for links, I link to blogs I like to read.

But I went to this person's blog, and I thought I would check it out anyways. Give them a chance. Who knows, if they read my blog, maybe we have the same interests. That couldn't be farther from the truth. It was a political blog. And a rather liberal one at that, with all the good stuff about bashing George Bush and ranting about trying to get this person to quit, and that person to step aside, and I'm quite sure there was some impeachment garbage in there as well if you look hard enough. Because that's a realistic solution to the world's problems...

Now, I don't have a problem with free speech. Write whatever you want. But aren't we all sick of this yet? Does it ever get old? Aren't there enough outlets for crying about the President and all his men and women? It's the same parroted, spoon fed, brain washing material anyways. It's boring to me.

And what the hell makes you think, from reading this blog, that I want to read and/or link to any of that? I'm not a liberal. Nothing I write about is liberal.

I don't know what gets me more, someone asking me to link to them or someone assuming I would link to a blog about liberal politics. Both of them annoy me.

Let me tell you what I do look for in a blog, one I would usually link to...

- humor
- good writing
- original writing
- real people, real situations

I avoid...

- 24/7 politics
- people who are always in a bad mood
- people who are always bitching, or complaining
- blogs that just copy the everyday mainstream news

I'm especially drawn to humor. I blog for entertainment, thus, I read blogs for entertainment. If a blog isn't entertaining, I tend to avoid it. I just cannot thrive on negativity.

So enough with all the negativity and Bush bashing and let's all have a good blog laugh this week. Eh?

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home