Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Candy heart hearts?

Guys, you are going to have to skip this post, it may make you ill. And there are pictures in this post, which makes me ill, but its necessary to do. I apologize in advance.

Valentines Day is the worst holiday in the friggen world for a guy. Your options are limited. Spending too much money on purely material items or spending too little and coming across as cheap.

Or... you can go for the romance. Guy beware on this issue though. Once you attempt to go down this road, there is no turning back. Every year you will be expected to take it to a higher level.

This is where I screwed up. This was my present last year:



Actually, I cheated and took both the romance route and purely material route... I bought a watch to go with the candy heart heart. I know... Im a sick sick person.

But this year Im screwed. What the hell am I going to come up with to one-up the candy heart heart? Here's what Ive come up with so far:



Nothing. I got nothing. With less than a week to go before V-Day... I have no ideas on what I am going to do.

Its going to be a long February...

peace nick

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww bless u! How cute!

Well seeing as you're a guy who HAS tried and more importantly considering that I have ABSOLUTLEY NO NEED of ideas this year (and in fact must STOP myself sending a card so I don't make an idiot of myself!!) I can give you some inspiration.

Make dinner - always a winner! But you could make it even more special and do a kinda hawaiian evening with those lei flower things, cocktails, appropriate music, lovely exotic fruit, some fab fish maybe(and pearl ear-rings???)
Or you could do the same with a French or Italian theme. Or indoor picnic. Or fondue.

Poetry is always good. Even when it's bad if it's your own. Handwritten bit of borrowed Shakespearean sonnet along the lines of How shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more temperate and more lovely... or Robbie Burns... or whoever

A friendship bracelet??? Made by your own fair hand.

Ok inspiration runs out... Hope that helps. :0D

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once was given a cute box full of stuff. Each little thing had some meaning in the relationship. Like a glow in the dark star for an inside joke, or a thing of silly putty. Each object had a little heart with an explaination on it. The rest of it was filled with my favorite candy. But i should warn you now... this can be time consuming and can turn out to be a big project. But it was definately a great idea because it actually meant something.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home