Friday, March 09, 2007

i think other parents are stupid...

You know how I've been saying that I have all these posts just waiting to be written? How I have ideas coming out of my ears, that just need time for me to sit down and expand on them? Well, I'm looking over the quiz answers on what you would like me to write about, and I see some of you are waiting for posts about parenting. And then I look over my post idea list. There are no post ideas about parenting.

Sure, I'll probably post some more funny parent-like patents with some stupid commentary, and I'll probably even post some pictures of Braeden... But I don't have any posts about how parenting is going, different things we do with Braeden, different things we don't do, etc... And I'm sure you're wondering, "Well, why the hell not? We want to hear about these things!"

The reason I don’t want to post about any of those things is because I don't want any input or opinions on how we are raising our kid. And if there is one thing parents like to give other parents, it's input and opinions on how to raise your kid. If I write about how having Braeden baptized is not very high on my priority list, I'll get emails and comments about how we should have him baptized. If I write about what we feed Braeden, I'll get emails and comments about child nutrition and what he should and should not be eating. If I write about how we put him in his swing every morning and let him watch the Wiggles on TV while we run around and get ready in the morning, I'll get emails and comments about how kids shouldn't watch TV, and how we should be stay at home parents so we don't neglect him by not always giving him our full attention.

It's the same thing when you talk to other parents. Bring up any subject relating to kids, and all of a sudden you're bombarded with opinions and advice, and do this and do that, and you're a bad parent if you don't do this and blah blah blah. I know they mean well. I know they're trying to help. I just don't want it. I'm way too independent and opinionated myself to have discussions about raising our kid with other people.

Any other subject I'm open for discussing. Politics, social issues, culture, music, art, or even nothing in particular at all (which we do a lot of here). Unfortunately for some of you though, parenting will probably not be a topic we discuss here. There are, however, gazillions of other parenting blogs and websites, full of people who do want to discuss these things.

My sincerest apologies in advance.

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home