Monday, March 05, 2007

I think alcohol is stupid...

There are many, many good things that can happen when you consume too much alcohol. After all, I'm sure a lot of us would not be here if it were not for the stuff. But, along with the good, come the bad. Or maybe not bad, but let's say, otherwise undesirable. Like, I don't know... you hook two friends up, they get along great, you wish they could be a couple, you think they wish they could be a couple, but they live 300 miles apart.

Nice job dumbass. As if the world isn't complicated enough.

There's a reason we typically don't hook people up. Aside from the fact that most of my friends are losers, and I couldn't in good faith subject the fine women of the world to them, it's more work than it's worth. You have to arrange the meeting, play wingmen... er, people, the whole time you're all together, and then you have to give up your couch for the night while god knows what is going on.

And then there is the next day, which is awkward because no one is drunk anymore, except for you because you only got four hours of sleep and that's not enough to make alcohol go away. And then (no more and then!), and then, there is Monday. What’s Monday, besides my fun day? Monday is when you are tasked with feeling your friends out to see how everything went, and if there is any desire for more awkward meetings and excessive alcohol consumption and couch giving up and god knows what else.

And what do you get out of all this? This hard work and awkwardness? Nothing. Now I know how Gandhi felt. Gandhi did all that work for the people, and what did he get out of it? He got shot in the fuckin' face.

Oh, and also, when you consume too much alcohol, you may inadvertently plan vacations to the Twin Cities to see Mason Jennings in concert.

Real nice dumbass. Could I possibly come up with anymore bright ideas?

btw - I'm shocked and depressed that apparently you robots are not impressed by pictures of PUPPIES in the post below. I've gotten more action on our new sex blog in two days than I have here in six months...

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home