Thursday, March 15, 2007

Cover Artist of the Week

When I was a young kid growing up, I listened to a lot of punk rock. I never listened to Metallica, because only metalheads listened to Metallica, and well, we used to beat up the metalheads. But as I got older and began to appreciate different music more, I began to listen to and even like some Metallica. I especially grew in love with a little number called One. These days, if I had to rank my top 10 songs, I would probably put One at about seven.

Also, as I got older, I also grew to love the acoustic guitar. Besides playing some myself, I flock to acoustic musicians like flies on shit. So, you can imagine my excitement and glee when I found an acoustic cover of the aformentioned One, by a previous Artist of the Week, Rodrigo y Gabriela. And kids, this is not just your regular acoustic cover, this one (or One) will seriously rock your fricken socks off.

Now, most of the time I will just throw music out there. If you listen to it (which most of you don't) and like it, fine whatever. If you don't, fine whatever. If the mainstream crap they play on the radio is good enough for you, it's not my problem. I can only lead the horse (you) to water (good, better music).

It is not often that I will say - if you don't listen to this song, I will kidnap your family, sell them into slavery and then torture you so bad you'd wish you were in the hands of the Egyptian Secret Police. But today is one of those days when I will say that. So, if you don't listen to this song, I will kidnap your family, sell them into slavery and then torture you so bad you'd wish you were in the hands of the Egyptian Secret Police. Don't test me.

One - Rodrigo y Gabriela

And then when you're done with that One, check out some other Rodrigo y Gabriela songs. And then go buy their album or check out a show.

Mr Tang
Unknown title

Nick

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home