Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The infamy of Katrina

I think we'll save the Italy pictures for tomorrow or another day. We have bigger and badder ass things to talk about today. Like Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans. Yes, yes, of course, Katrina did screw up other places besides New Orleans, and I'm sure everyone on the southern coast is sick of hearing about New Orleans.

New Orleans, New Orleans, New Orleans (you know, like Marsha, Marsha, Marsha...) (not really).

Well, New Orleans is kind of a special place for us. And maybe for you too. Back in 2003 the hot wife and myself embarked on a journey of all journeys. Journies? No... Anyways, we went thru like 12 states in 10 days. 3,000 miles. In a VW Jetta. The first leg of the trip consisted of a straight thru trip from Wisconsin to Texas to visit my sister. But after we left Texas, on our way to Georgia to visit friends, we stopped in the Big Easy. Or the Big Smelly. Or the Big Holy God Damn F%&* Is It Hot Here. Or the Big Why Does Everyone Look Like They Want To Kill Us?

Whatever you call it, New Orleans was an eye opening experience for us. After we got lost walking around, almost got our hotel room raided, I got hustled for $20, and we almost got mugged on the trolley, we decided New Orleans was definitely not the place for us.

And then Hurricane Katrina came along and decided New Orleans is not really the place for anyone. At which time I used the capital that I had built up with God to request the horrible death of the aforementioned hustler...

I hope you spend your days in hell cleaning the gum off people's shoes. F$&%er.

So, all those horrible things aside, it's been one year since Katrina and the coast is rebuilding. New Orleans is rebuilding. Sort of. And despite the fact that I hate the place with all the life and soul I can donate to the cause, I realize it's an important place for swamp... er, the nation. So, I have decided to upload a few Mason Jennings songs about New Orleans to get people thinking about it. And to spread the word about Mason Jennings, of course.

So if you're crazy enough, and want to support the mass crime and slime that is the southern coast, do your part to help them out. Surely there is something worth supporting down there...

With that...

Jackson Square talk
Jackson Square
My Only Company

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home