Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm still here, you're still there

- Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there. Should the apostrophe go after the s in Mothers in that? I mean, it's not just one Mother's Day. It's all Mothers' Day. Weird stuff I ponder huh?

- I admit it. I have been not so myself in regard to reading blogs and writing in my own lately. I'll get better. I'll change, I promise. Things have just been really busy at home and work around here. You know how it is. Right?

- I know this is wrong, but I'm hoping we have a girl. I don't have the patience for boys I don't think. We're watching my brother this weekend while my mother woops it up in Vegas (hopefully still winning with my $20 on roulette). It's stressing, and he's 14. I thought it would be a learning experience to take him with us yesterday to bring a rescue dog to the Rottweiler Rescue in Madison, WI. I don't do a lot of rescue anymore, but this transport came up at the right time, so I offered. This little punk had the fricken nerve to say he thought we were getting paid to do this. I could have strangled him. I don't even know if he was serious, but it's obvious most kids these day have no concept of volunteering. Which probably comes from their parents who have no concept of volunteering. It's a selfish world we live in. Very selfish.

- Our kid will have no video games. Except Super Mario Brothers on Super Nintendo, which I bought Amy a couple of years ago for her birthday. The best damn video game to grace the planet. No Playstation or Gamecube or whatever else these kids glue themselves to these days....

- Parents, cut your damn kids' hair. This shaggy look the kids like these days is ugly.

- Watching someone else's kid is like fostering dogs. Which I gave up long ago. You have to deal with someone else's problems, which is stressful. Can't you tell I'm all stressed out? Hey! You spend 4 hours in a car with a 10 year old and a 14 year old boy playing I Spy, AND TELL ME YOU AREN'T STRESSED OUT! These damn kids have to be better than everyone else at all times, which, let me tell you, is obnoxious beyond all belief.

- I'm going to make a horrible parent. So help me God, if my kid ever acts like my brother, I will beat him relentlessly. So you all better pray with me that it's a girl.

- Just kidding, I don't pray. Or believe in God.

- My school is finally done ya'll! I know I got a B Psychology, and I have an A so far in Sociology. I will finally have my Associate's Degree after 9 years! This has been a cloud hanging over my head for 9 years, and it will soon be gone. Now I can just focus on my Bachelor's, which, with the baby on the way is also on hold. Hey, maybe in another 10 years, I'll have that. I don't really want my Bachelor's in Engineering though. I would much rather go into appraisals with the hot wife, and work more from home. That is the 10 year plan, not to be an Engineer.

- Did I even mention that last week we got to hear the baby's heartbeat? This is how bad I have been about writing. It was amazing. I don't think there were two though, even though everyone thinks we're having twins. But it really hit home to hear the actual heartbeat. And to see the hot wife's tummy getting bigger and bigger, there are few words to describe it. And. AND. She can eat Taco Bell once in a while, which is huge!

- Ya'll need to go over there and tell her to stop carrying the damn laundry baskets around though. The woman has no patience. I will carry them. Hell, I will do the laundry, just give me a chance. I'm down there cleaning the litter boxes anyways, which is such a cop out for pregnant women. There's no disease you can get. That was just made up by pregnant women as a way to get out of doing it. Damn them and their technical pregnancy mumbo jumbo...

That's enough for today. Hey, look, comments!

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home