Saturday, March 04, 2006

Misson Accomplished.

We did it. And survived. My official time was 30:40, although I know I finished earlier. I was thinking it was 30:11. But either way, I beat my goal by five minutes!

It's not easy, I'll say that. The first mile was ok. It was cold though. Very cold. I hit the one mile marker, made it a little past, and then my shins cramped up. If you've ever had this pain before, I know you can sympathize with me. Right? It gives new meaning to the saying, "Yooooooww that f-ing hurts!"

From just past the first mile to about a third of the way thru the second, I was in some pain. I had to stop twice to try to stretch it out. Nothing worked. So I pushed on. I took a drink of water, and pushed on. Which, by the way, don't bring water with you. You aren't going to drink it anyways, and it's a pain to carry. Lesson learned. By the end I felt like throwing it at the bitch in front of me who was walking a lot, yet, still beating me...

So anyways, after the mile and a half point, the pain started to ease up. Either that or my body went into shock mode, and I just couldn't feel it. I was so happy to hit the second mile marker. I wanted to get on my knees and hump the cone. Ok, I just wanted to get on my knees, but I would have at least kissed it... But I knew, only one mile to go. You can do it fucker. Run. Run bitch, run.

I ran.

Well, more like a slow jog, but I didn't walk. I didn't walk until the very last straight away, with probably a quarter mile left. I had to. If I would have kept running, my feet would have kept going, my body would have kept going, but my legs would have locked up. I didn't want to feel what that would be like, so I took about 30 seconds to walk.

Then, I ran. My body was not happy. It kept yelling at me, "no bitch, no run... no run..." But I did anyway. I ran. To and thru the finish line. It was orgasmic.

It was kind of like when you have sex for a really long time, and it feels good and all, but you just can't get over that hump (pun intended) to finish... And then just when you are about to give up and fake it to get it over with, it starts feeling really good... And then you get to show her your "O" face... "Oh, OH, OHHHHH"

Am I the king of analogies or what?

I'm happy with my time. Even though I got beat by kids half my age, and older folks old enough to be my grandparents, I'm happy. With only a week of real training, and only having ever run two miles at once, I think I did good.

The worst part is, I feel good. And I would do it again. I am going to do it again, at the end of April. My goal, 28 minutes.

The best part is though, tonight we drink. We're going to party like it's 1999 ya'll. We've been good all week, we ran our 3 miles, but tonight, all hell is going to break loose... Check in tomorrow, I may have some good pictures of me not only doing nasty things with the hot wife, we may just have an orgy. I'm gettin' butt naked with someone, I'll tell ya that much... guys, girls, farm animals... It's all game tonight. Stop by if you want. BYOB.

peace nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home