Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Its been a while...

It's been a couple of days since I have posted, so forgive me for jumping around some... More dedicated posts to come soon, including a review of the Mason Jennings show on Saturday, and how to make every wall and cabinet in your house a poop color, without using the same color....

FUN!

First, I saw this quote in a news story I just read:

Black leaders on Monday accused President Bush of "playing the race card" in his pitch to sell his proposed Social Security overhaul.

So it's ok to play the race card, to get someone to stop playing the race card? If black leaders were for equal rights, and they are not, there would be no race card. There would be no BLACK LEADERS! Which is why they are not for equal rights... These people make the news all the time for one reason, they are BLACK leaders. If we didn't take into account the color of someone's skin, like they pretend to want, they would be nobodies, just like all of us stupid white people.

Wouldn't it be funny to see this in a news story?:

President Bush on Monday accused black leaders of "playing the race card" in their bid to get media coverage.

The answer is no, that would be racist.

Moving on, before I'm lynched... I had the last two days off of work. Technically vacation days, but only because I had to have my car fixed. Again. Remember the stripped oil drain bolt??? Yup, just getting around to fixing that baby.

The lesson with that is, don't take your car to the 10 minute oil change place down the road. The kid cranking on your oil drain bolt, or whatever they do down there, doesn't give a crap if he over-tightens the damn thing and cracks your oil pan...

Take your car to a real mechanic, who owns and runs his own business. At least they have some desire to do a good job, because their life depends on it.

So anyways, I had to take a couple of days off while my crapwagon was in the shop having the oil pan replaced... I discovered two things because of this....

1. I'm not ready to be retired. Holy crap was it boring... Of course I couldn't plan ahead and come up with things to do while I was off, but wow, any more than two days alone with the dogs and I would f-ing lose it!

2. It's not a good idea to take off the two days immediately following a pay raise... I'm sure my boss thinks I was all hacked off about it, and is now scrambling to find my replacement. I suppose coming in today with 4 days worth of facial hair helped to drive the point home...

It's kind of funny to keep people guessing and all, but there are people out there who would probably do my job better, and for less money.

I wonder how I can get in the union....

peace nick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, wait, wait ... you come to MY blog and leave a sarcastic comment on my post in which I explain that I can't post for a few days, and yet when I visit YOUR blog, I see that you did the exact same thing. Nick! What are you thinking?

Just so you know, on the days I don't post, I get emails asking why not.

But let's not fight. We go back too far.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home